Pump Truck Driver
We want you to be a part of our team! Get in the driver’s seat with a career at Throne to Go, LLC. We are a portable sanitation company, servicing many major events and festivals in New Orleans year-round, as well as construction site services daily. Throne to Go offers competitive pay, benefits, and career advancement opportunities.
Pump Truck/ Delivery Drivers are responsible for servicing customers’ portable restroom(s) on assigned route(s), making deliveries/ pickups, and assisting with yard operations. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion and entering/exiting various types of trucks repeatedly throughout the day. Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights. The hours and physical demand may vary by route, area, event, or even day-to-day.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provide services to customers’ portable restroom unit on assigned route(s) by pumping, washing, and restocking units.
- Provide minor repairs to units on route and at facility.
- Delivery and removal of portable restroom units to/from customers.
- Maintain and update smartphone applications for routes and maintenance.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections.
- Professional interaction with customers.
- Repair, clean, and prepare portable restroom units for delivery, as needed.
- Maintain and clean your assigned truck
- Conduct large scale deliveries/ pickups for events.
- Deliver/ setup or breakdown/ return various size restroom trailers (During major festivals)
- Clean, repair, and inspect portable restroom trailers (when needed along the route).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission a plus, not required.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays (must be flexible with scheduling).
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with all customers and co-workers.
- Previous medium-large truck driving experience preferred but not required.
- TWIC holder or able to acquire a TWIC.
- Ability to pull a trailer preferred (will train if need be).
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Basic knowledge of computers, tablets, and/ or smartphones.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Louisiana driver’s license.
- Must carry a TWIC card or obtain one after the first 90 days of employment.
- Must not have any DUI’s or OVI’s within the last 5 years or 2 in any 10-year period.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and Motor Vehicle Record check..
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to human waste possible but not likely.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your resume.